Tag, You’re It!
My very sweet and adorable friend, Michaela
tagged me on her blog, and I just got around to filling it out. I rarely do tags, but this was too much fun 😀
1. Who is your hero/heroine (fictitious or non-fictitious.) What do you find the most inspiring about this person?
Just one? ONE?
Oh, let me think. I really liked Christy from the book (Christy). Her courage and willingness to help the mountain people is amazing… and inspiring!
And, I have to say that William Wallace and Mr. Darcy are my favorite “heroes”. 😉 Naturally.
(Oh, and then there is my own characters… I’m falling in love with every last one of them! 😀 )
2. Do you have a namesake? If so, is there a story behind your name?
Not really. My middle name is for my great-aunt, Grace. 🙂 That’s about all the excitement you get when it comes to namesakes and me.
3. An anonymous person gives you a free ticket to any destination in the world, all expenses paid, including food, airfare, and lodging. You may take only three special possessions with you. Where would you go, and what would you bring?
Scotland, for sure! Just think… to finally see all the book places in person…
Oh, what I’d bring with me? Hrm… A Bible, Camera, and a notebook. Sound good to you? 😀 I’ll bring you pictures back if you send me 😉
4. What do you expect to be doing in 10 years?
I’ll honestly say I hope to be married by then! (As every other girl has said who ever did this quiz 😉 ) Annd… I hope I’ll have several kids, and they’ll be so cute, and I’ll name them Giles and Douglas and… oh hehe ::grin::
Ten years… hrm. I hope to be an accomplished musician by then! 22 years of music will have (hopefully) taken their toll by then, no? 😉
5. Are there any treasured traditions in your family??
Yes, many! But my personal favorite is the tradition of regular family devotions… getting together nearly every evening and reading the Bible, recording our blessings and reading a family read-aloud is indeed a wonderful blessing!
6. Opera. To like or not to like, that is the question.
Oh, to like, to love! Really good opera is amazing to listen too and just as fun to sing 😉 But I will say that *bad* opera is abominable – but still, it shouldn’t ALL be given a bad rap just because some is horrible 🙂 *takes a deep breath and finishes lecture*
7. Did you grow up listening (and maybe still listen) to Adventure in Odyssey? Who was/is your favorite character?
You know, we never did listen to “Adventures in Odyssey… Mum didn’t ever like it much, so I think I only heard it one time. Now, Jim Weiss is another matter…
8. Has the Lord done anything recently in your life that has strengthened your faith in Him?
Any one thing? No. Many things? YES!
I think two of the biggest things have been his guidance in teaching a class full of youngsters… the lessons in patience have been huge! (Ever been asked 5 separate times where a verse was, right after you just said it? That’s good on the patience score 😉 )
::it’s right there,
Ahem, where was I? Oh…
Also, the LORD has really opened my eyes to a little wisdom when it comes to relationships, or I hope it’s wisdom. But anyway, now isn’t the time to go into that, but it’s good 🙂
That was fun! I tag:
~And your questions are….
1. What do you expect to be doing in 10 years?
2. Has the Lord done anything recently in your life that has strengthened your faith in Him?
3. Tea or Coffee? That is the question. 🙂
4. An anonymous person gives you a free ticket to any destination in the world, all expenses paid, including food, airfare, and lodging. You may take only three special possessions with you. Where would you go, and what would you bring?
5. Who was your most respected role model as you were growing up, and why were they important to you?
6. Do appearances matter? Come now, we want your true opinion. 😉
7. If you could only bring 3 books (other than the Bible) with you to an abandoned island, what would you bring?
8. Something you want horribly and desperately… at the moment. ( Be it a CD, a musical instrument or 20 acres of land… what is it? 😉 )
So… answer the questions, write 8 of your own, and tag 8 lovely people! 🙂